Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My husband and I are going on regularly scheduled dates. Some of them have been mediocre. Last night's was great. He planned the evening and it was a lack of evening's planning that made it fun.

We started at Bond Street and decided to walk to Baker Street in honor of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Birthday. As we walked, we stopped to look at buildings with interesting architecture or puzzle over a flag over an Embassy building. "Who's flag is that? Oh, it is Botswana's".

Then I complained of being hungry so we went in Selfridge's Food Hall. We bought pretzels straight from the oven and said yes when the man suggested we put pesto on them. (He was right!)

We then wandered around the shelves and I squealed when I saw things like extra crunchy jif and oreos but then put them back down in disgust when I saw that they were £4.75. In the end, we purchased sauerkraut, crab bisque, and organic hot chocolate.

We walked out and it was pouring with rain. We tried to walk for a while but things were cold and wet. I noticed down a side street a bar I had been to when I first moved to London and my friend came for a visit. Her cousin had us meet him there. I really liked it but never remembered the name or the location. We ducked inside and ordered drinks. I had a 'Allo Sailor.

My husband and I had the best talk. We discussed his control issues, his insecurities, etc. We decided that it would be better for both of us if we opened single back accounts and then justtransferredd the money for the bills and the mortgage into our joint account.

After that discussion, we headed outside and sadly back into the rain. So, we decided that we needed a plan. My husband was heading back to his mate's for the evening so we needed a pub near King's Cross. When we arrived it was nearly empty and we took a seat by the fire. I noticed there was a stack of today's newspapers. We read to each other from the papers and discussed the articles. It was brilliant!

Then we had one more drink and talked about his family, bless them, and their insane ways. We talked about his childhood and coming to some form of acceptance about them. It was a good chat.

Then we walked back to the train station. I had to go one direction and he had to go another so we stood at the barrier and made out. It was great!!

I really really really enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home