Thursday, April 13, 2006

Today seems like normal in Kathmandu. There is traffic and movement. Most of the Embassies are closed because today is Nepali New Year's Eve, so I cannot do much. I only have one donor meeting.

Tonight we want to go out to celebrate but there is another curfew by 11:00 so it seems a bit anti-climatic. Party from 8 to 11. Wooohoo!

My dad and brother both emailed me and warned me about leaving Kathamndu. Apparently, the news has finally reached their part of the world and they are convinced that things will kick off and I need to get out. Who knows? At the moment, it seems quiet.

Tomorrow morning the King will make his announcement and based on what he says, there could be a reaction - possible protests. We will see. The announcement is at 6:00 am so I could wake up tomorrow with everything or nothing changed.

In the meantime, I will continue trying to locate a GPS tracker to get our coordinates, and investigate buying a SAT phone. It would be nice if all this effort went to waste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home