Thursday, May 18, 2006

Here is something. My friend, told me to tell him a secret. I said I needed a topic. He said "Insects". At first I thought I had nothing. I mean insects,who has secrets about insects? But then I remembered one.

One of the best nights of my life was when I was 10 years old and I went to my aunt and uncle's house. They had acres of land. At night, my brothers, my cousins and I went outside and there were hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of fireflies. We spent hours chasing them - ducking in and out of bushes trying to sneak up on them. We even got a jar and tried to capture them.

Sometimes I remember that occasion and I wonder if there will ever be a time when I will be around that many fireflies again; where I can just run around and try to catch their tiny lights.

It makes me both happy and sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home